PI grant BEACON: BoolEAn-based deCision and
OptimizatioN procedures, awarded
by Science Foundation Ireland.
Co-recipient of the
2009 CAV Award (© Springer),
fundamental contributions to
the development of high-performance Boolean satisfiability
Other recent news are available here.
Decision and optimization procedures, including Boolean satisfiability
and extensions. Applied formal methods. Applications in system
verification and model checking, artificial intelligence, design
automation, and bioinformatics.
Recent research results (software, papers, talks, etc.) are available
Preprints of recent publications are
More complete lists of publications are available
from DBLP or
Citation data is available
Scholar public profile,
Academic Search (author information),
Arnet Miner profile,
and also from
my ACM author profile.
BEACON: BoolEAn-based deCision and OptimizatioN procedures.
SFI PI Grant 09/IN.1/I2618. Funded by Science
Apr. 2010 - Sep. 2015.
(SFI press release
and summary of awards).
COCONUT: A Correct-by-Construction Workbench for Design and
Verification of Embedded Systems.
Grant ICT/217069. Funded by the European Commission, 7th Framework
Jan. 2008 - Jun. 2010.
NOTOS: New algOrithm for LTL mOdel checking with Satisfiability.
Ref. EP/E012973/1. Funded by EPSRC.
Apr. 2007 - Sep. 2009.
VERTIGO: VERification and validaTIon of embedded system desiGn
Grant IST/033709. Funded by the European Commission, 6th Framework
Jun. 2006 - Nov. 2008.
- Microsoft Research European PhD Scholarship Programme 2006.
Funded by Microsoft Research.
Oct. 2006 - Sep. 2009.
- Associate Editor
of Integration, the VLSI
Journal (Jul 2009-date).
- Editorial Board Member of JSAT, Journal on Satisfiability, Boolean Modeling and Computation (2005-date).
- Conference Co-chair of
International Conference on Theory and Applications of
Satisfiability Testing (SAT), Lisbon, Portugal, May 28-31
- Recent Technical Program Committee Service:
- ICTAI'13, International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence.
- RCRA'13, 2013 RCRA Workshop.
- SAT'13, Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing.
- IJCAI'13 (Senior PC), International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
- DAC'13, Design Automation Conference.
- DATE'13, Design, Automation and Testing Conference.
- FMCAD'12, Formal Methods in Computer Aided Design.
- ICDM WDPM'12, Workshop on Declarative Pattern Mining.
- RCRA'12, 2012 RCRA Workshop.
- SSNOW'12, Workshop on Search Strategies and Non-standard Objectives.
- AAAI'12 (Senior PC), AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
- SAT'12, Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing.
- DATE'12, Design, Automation and Testing Conference.
- ICDM WDPM'11, Workshop on Declarative Pattern Mining.
- CP SofT'11, Workshop on Preferences and Soft Constraints.
- CP PMCS'11, Workshop on Parallel Methods for Constraint Solving.
- CP'11, International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming.
- SAT PoS'11, SAT'11 Pragmatics of SAT Workshop.
- IJCAI AIS'11, IJCAI'11 Workshop on the use of SAT techniques in Artificial Intelligence.
- SAT'11, Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing.
- IJCAI'11, International Joint Conference in Artificial Intelligence.
- RCRA'11, 2011 RCRA Workshop.
- FM'11, International Symposium on Formal Methods.
- DATE'11, Design, Automation and Testing Conference.
- SofT'10, Workshop on Preferences and Soft Constraints. (Co-Organizer)
- RCRA'10, 2010 RCRA Workshop.
- ECAI'10, European Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
- AAAI'10, AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
- CSL'10, Conference on Computer Science Logic.
- SAT'10, Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing.
- DATE'10, Design, Automation and Testing Conference. (D8 Topic Co-Chair, CFP)
Available from my institutional web pages at
and also from the
Complex and Adaptive Systems Laboratory, the
School of Computer Science & Informatics,
and University College Dublin.
Also, you may want to check out my
Google Plus website,